Regarding the Reopening of the Embassy of Japan in Libya
October 31, 2011
1. The Embassy of Japan in Libya had been temporarily closed since February due to the deterioration of the security situation in the country..A part of embassy services has been resumed since Sunday, October 30..
2. As the Embassy is currently undertaking duties with only limited staff, except in cases of emergency, consular services will continue to be handled by the office at the Embassy of Japan in Egypt.
3. Followings are the contact details of the Tripoli office of the Embassy of Japan in Libya and the office set up in the Embassy of Japan in Egypt respecting:
Embassy of Japan in Libya (Tripoli office)
Address: Jamal Al-Din Al-Waeli Street, Hay Al-Andalus (1), Tripoli, Libya
Tel: From abroad, (country code 218) 21-4781041~3 or 21-4779493
Fax: From abroad, (country code 218) 21-4781044
Embassy of Japan in Libya (office at the Embassy of Japan in Egypt)
Address: 81 Corniche El Nil Street, Maadi, Cairo P.O. Box 500, Maadi
Tel: From abroad, (country code 20) 2-2528-5910
Fax: From abroad, (country code 20) 2-2528-5905
4. The Japanese Government is currently advising that its citizens withdraw from Libya and do not travel to the country (however, if it is safer not to withdraw and to stay in the country, it is asked that citizens take the maximum possible care for their own safety). We ask that those planning to travel to the country refrain from doing so, regardless of the reason.
* The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.
Back to Index