Assistance for Palestine Refugees
December 12, 2008
- On December 12 (Friday), the Government of Japan decided to extend assistance
of about $2,850,000 in total to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency
for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees to
support general fund, universal scholarship program and a project of expanding
the implementation of Mother and Child Health Handbook.
- The details of the project are as bellows;
(1) General fund of UNRWA: $2,550,000
(2) University scholarship program: $200,000
(3) Implementation (Utilization) of Mother and Child Health Handbook for Improvement of Maternal and Child Health among Palestine refugees in Jordan: $100,000
- Sixty years have passed since Palestine Refugees who fled from their homes. Japan has continued to support Palestine refugees consistently through UNRWA for nation building and human resource development since 1953.
Back to Index