The Application for 50th Anniversary of Japan-Tonga Diplomatic Relations Logo Contest 2020
July 3, 2019
The year 2020 will mark the 50th anniversary of Japan-Tonga diplomatic relations. Japan and Tonga will also celebrate the 50th anniversary of the established diplomatic relations. Both countries will conduct a variety of collaborative events to celebrate their shared accomplishments and build opportunities for further cooperation. On this festive occasion, we are happy to invite the general public to submit designs for a 50th anniversary logo to embody our warm and long-standing friendship. The details of this contest are as follows:
The Application for designs – Overview and Criteria
- Submissions are welcomed from the general public, regardless of nationality, age or place of residence.
- A person can submit as many logo designs as they wish.
- Submissions must be received no later than October 31st, 2019.
- Handwritten designs and drawings are NOT eligible as there is a possibility that formatting changes are requested after receipt and selection.
- Logo designs must be in a JPEG or PDF or EPS file format and no larger than 3 MB. The resolution must be 300 dpi or higher. It should fit on an A4 or letter-size page when printed.
- The Governments of Japan and Tonga will evaluate the received designs and select the best, which will be used for various promotional materials and events related to the 50th anniversary celebrations.
- Results will be announced on the websites including Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ webpage.
How to submit your design
- All designs must be submitted by email to the Oceania Division, Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. (firstname.lastname@example.org.) Attach your logo design to an email entitled “50th Anniversary Logo Campaign”.
- Be sure to include your name and affiliation in the body of the email, and please attach a brief explanation of your logo design. Please note that submissions by postal mail will NOT be accepted.
- The explanation of your logo design should only be 50 words or less. Do not include it in the body of the email but attach it as a separate file. The explanation for the selected logo will be publicly announced with the winning design.
- Designs must be submitted in both a colour and a black-and-white version. (There are no restrictions on the number of colours, gradations, etc.)
- Please ensure that you have a file of your logo design, as all submitted logo designs or materials received by the Oceania Division will be NOT be returned.
Guidelines and Standards
- Submitted logo designs must be original, therefore it must have never been published anywhere at any time.
- Submissions must NOT infringe on any copyrights, trademarks, etc. of any person(s), group(s) or third parties.
- Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous and defamatory towards any person(s), group(s) or third parties will be disqualified. A selected logo design will be withdrawn from use if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
- Copyright for all submitted logo designs, including the winning logo design will belong to Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Tonga. The logo designers must relinquish any claim towards a logo design once it is submitted. (A selected logo design may undergo various processes including size adjustment, colour conversions and linguistic translations. In case the designer will not agree with such process, the selected logo will be withdrawn.)
- A selected logo design will be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
- The final form of a selected logo design will be distributed to organizations authorized by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Tonga. It will be used to promote the 50th anniversary of Japan - Tonga diplomatic relations.
- Except for the name and affiliation, the personal information of a designer will not be disclosed to a third party without the designer’s permission.
- All designers will not be contacted to acknowledge receipt of logo designs or after the judging panel’s selection to express regrets. All inquiries concerning the judging process will not be accepted or replied to.