October 8, 1998
His Excellency the President of the Republic of Korea and Mrs. Kim Dae-jung, accompanied by a suite, is visiting Japan from October 7 to 10, 1998.
During their stay in Japan, the President and Mrs. Kim made a call on Their Majesties The Emperor and Empress of Japan, and also attended a state dinner hosted by Their Majesties The Emperor and Empress in their honor.
The President held official talks with Prime Minister Keizo Obuchi.The Prime Minister of Japan and Mrs. Obuchi will also host a Dinner in honor of His Excellency the President and Mrs. Kim.
- Wed., October 7
- Arrival at Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
- Welcoming Ceremony (Akasaka Palace)
- State Call (Imperial Palace)
- State Dinner (Imperial Palace)
- Thu., October 8
- Dinner hosted by the Prime Minister of Japan and Mrs. Obuchi
- Fri., October 9
- Farewell Call (Akasaka Palace)
- Visit to Osaka
- Sat., October 10
- Departure from Japan
- The date of talks with the Prime Minister of Japan is to be confirmed.
- Japan-Republic of Korea Joint Declaration (October 8, 1998)
- Exchange of Notes between Japan and the ROK concerning the Waiver of Visa Requirements for Diplomatic or Official Passport Holders (October 8, 1998)
- Agreement between the Government of Japan and the Government of ROK regarding Working Holiday Visas (October 8,1998)
- Signing of the Convention between Japan and ROK for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income (New Japan-ROK Tax Convention) and Related Exchange of Notes (October 8,1998)
Press Secretary's Press Conference on the Republic of Korea
Back to Index