"India: An emerging global power
- Strategy for Japan-India cooperation in the coming age -"
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will host a public symposium, "India: An emerging global power -Strategy for Japan-India cooperation in the coming age" as follows.
||Monday, December 8, 2003
Session 1: 10:00-12:15
Session 2: 14:00-16:30
||Mita Kaigisyo, 2-1-8 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo
||Mr. Sakutaro Tanino, Former Ambassador of Japan to India
Prof. Takako Hirose, Professor, Senshu University
||10:00-12:15 Session 1:
The Strategic Importance of India
- "A paradigm change in India's Foreign Policy"
- Prof. C. Raja Mohan,Professor Jawaharlal Nehru University
- "A new dimension of US-India relationship"
- Dr. Stephen P. Cohen,Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- "A rising India: the Chinese perspective"
- Prof. Gong Shao-peng,Professor,Foreign Affairs College
- "Japan & India: Fostering a new relationship with a strategic perspective"
- Prof. Yoshimi Ishikawa,President,Akita Municipal Junior College of Arts and Crafts
|14:00-16:30 Session 2:
The prospect of Japan-India cooperations
- "Japan-India economic relations in the age of the Asian market integration"
- Mr. N. K. Singh,Member,Planning Commission
- "Strengthening cooperation in the security policy"
- Mr. Yukio Okamoto,President,Okamoto Associates
- "Finding common goals for disarmament and non-proliferation"
- R. Adm (Rtd) K. R. Menon
- "Japan-India cooperation in the UN and other international fora"
- Mr. Yasushi Akashi Chairman,Japan Centre for Conflict Prevention
|To participate, please send us the registration form(PDF) either by fax or mail.
||Please send the registration form (PDF) by fax.
||Please write "Symposium: India" on the envelope and mail the registration form to below.
||Southwest Asia Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Shiba Koen 2-11-1, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8519
Please bring identification to the symposium.
If you have any inquiries, please contact Daikuhara (Ms) at 03-6402-2485
Back to Index