President of Viet Nam to Visit Japan
May 15, 2018
1. H.E. Mr. Tran Dai Quang, President of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and his spouse Madam Nguyen Thi Hien will pay a State Visit to Japan. The President and his spouse will arrive in Japan on May 29 and leave on June 2, 2018.
2. During their stay in Japan, the President and Madam Hien will make a State Call on Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress will host a State Banquet in honour of the President and Madam Hien. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with President Quang and host a dinner in their honour.
3. This year marks the 45th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Viet Nam. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and Madam Hien, which will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam.
(1) This is the first State Visit to Japan by H.E Mr. Tran Dai Quang as President of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam. His Excellency visited Japan twice in the past.
(2) President Quang and Prime Minister Abe held meetings on the occasions of the APEC summit meeting in Peru in November 2016, Prime Minister Abe’s official visit to Viet Nam in January 2017 and the APEC summit meeting in Viet Nam in November 2017.