Emergency Grant Aid to the Philippines for Typhoon Disaster
November 15, 2013
1. On November 15, the Government of Japan decided to extend additional Emergency Grant Aid of 20 million USD to the Philippines for the typhoon disaster in the central part of the Philippines. With the aid of 10 million USD announced on November 12, 30 million USD (3 billion JPY) in total will be provided for humanitarian assistance to the affected population.
2. Through this aid, emergency humanitarian assistance such as food, water and sanitation, emergency shelter, etc., will be extended in cooperation with the international organizations such as World Food Programme (WFP), UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
3. With this aid, Japan extends app. 52.1 million USD (app. 5.21 billion JPY)in total for the Philippine typhoon disaster.
In addition to the dispatch of Japan Disaster Relief Team (Medical team and Japan Self-Defense Force Unit), Japan decided to provide the following assistance (52.1 million (5.21 billion JPY) in total);
(1) Emergency Grant Aid: 30 million USD (app. 3 billion JPY)
(2) Emergency Relief Goods: app. 0.6 million USD (app. 60 million JPY)
(3)Assistance through Japanese NGOs (JPF): 1.5 million USD (app. 150 million JPY)
(4)Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) of Asian Development Bank (ADB): 20 million USD (app. 2 billion JPY)