The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding for FY 2011
(Call for Application for Asian Program Associates)
July 27, 2011
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding is a program established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) in 2007 in order to strengthen civilian capacity of Japan and other Asian Countries in the field of peacebuilding. The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC), commissioned by MOFA, coordinates the entire program in cooperation with the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme.
- In this July, the Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC) started to accept applications for 15 Asian Program Associates (PAs)* who will participate in the FY2011 Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding. Applications will be accepted until October 19 (Wednesday).
*Those from the following Asian countries are able to apply for this program: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Timor-Leste, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Laos, Malaysia, Mongol, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
- The Asian PAs for the Program will participate in the coursework in Tokyo and Hiroshima (conducted in English) from January 19 to February 29, 2012 together with 15 Japanese PAs. A few highly qualified Asian PAs (maximum of 3) selected from those who wish to participate in the Overseas Attachment may carry out the UNV assignment as a UNV volunteer at field offices of international organizations engaged in peacebuilding and peacekeeping missions (maximum of 6 months).
- The reports of the past year's programs are available on the HPC website:
For general inquiries on the contents of the program and the application procedure:
- The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center [HPC]
- 1-20 Ko-machi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City
- (submission of the application) email@example.com
(general inquiries) firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2010 [Pamphlet] (March 2011)
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2009 [Pamphlet] (March 2010)
Back to Index