Japan's Security / Peace & Stability of the International Community
Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
May 7, 2015
JAPAN'S EFFORTS ON DISARMAMENT AND NON-PROLIFERATION
As the only country to have suffered atomic bombings, Japan has been leading the international discussion on disarmament and non-proliferation. Japan has been promoting real change by calling on all nuclear weapon states to take measures toward nuclear disarmament while increasing transparency in military armaments.
- U.S. and Japan Joint Statement on the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) (PDF) (April 28, 2015)
- Statement by Foreign Press Secretary Yasuhisa Kawamura on the Entry into Force of the Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage (April 15, 2015)
- Statement of Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Uto Conference on Disarmament (Geneva) (March 3, 2015) (PDF)
- DPRK Nuclear Issue
- Click for the latest information on the DPRK nuclear issue and Japan's policy and actions in this area.
- Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative
- Click for the latest information on the Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative (NPDI) and Japan's policy and actions in this area.
- Testimony of Hibakusha
- Click to read, watch or listen to the stories of survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- GLOBAL FORUM
- Click for the latest information on the Global Forum on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Education to be co-hosted by the Government of Japan and the United Nations University on August 10-11 in Nagasaki.