Japan's Security / Peace & Stability of the International Community
Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
October 2, 2015
JAPAN'S EFFORTS ON DISARMAMENT AND NON-PROLIFERATION
As the only country to have suffered atomic bombings, Japan has been leading the international discussion on disarmament and non-proliferation. Japan has been promoting real change by calling on all nuclear weapon states to take measures toward nuclear disarmament while increasing transparency in military armaments.
- Remarks by H.E. Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan at the Ninth Conference on Facilitating the Entry into Force of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (September 29, 2015)
- DRAFT FINAL DECLARATION AND MEASURES TO PROMOTE THE ENTRY INTO FORCE OF THE COMPREHENSIVE NUCLEAR-TEST-BAN TREATY (September 29, 2015)
- The 25th United Nations Conference on Disarmament Issues (September 1, 2015)
- Foreign Minister Kishida Receives a Courtesy Call from the U.S. Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security (August 7, 2015)
- DPRK Nuclear Issue
- Click for the latest information on the DPRK nuclear issue and Japan's policy and actions in this area.
- Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative
- Click for the latest information on the Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative (NPDI) and Japan's policy and actions in this area.
- Testimony of Hibakusha
- Click to read, watch or listen to the stories of survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- GLOBAL FORUM
- Click for the latest information on the Global Forum on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Education to be co-hosted by the Government of Japan and the United Nations University on August 10-11 in Nagasaki.