Japan's Security / Peace & Stability of the International Community
Disarmament and Non-Proliferation
April 25, 2016
JAPAN'S EFFORTS ON DISARMAMENT AND NON-PROLIFERATION
As the only country to have suffered atomic bombings, Japan has been leading the international discussion on disarmament and non-proliferation. Japan has been promoting real change by calling on all nuclear weapon states to take measures toward nuclear disarmament while increasing transparency in military armaments.
- Foreign Minister Kishida Meets with the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (April 25, 2016)
- Youth Communicator for a World without Nuclear Weapons (April 13, 2016)
- The 2016 Nuclear Security Summit (March 31 - April 1, 2016)
- G7 Hiroshima Foreign Ministers’ Meeting Pre-Event Forum of Youth Communicators for a World without Nuclear Weapons in Hiroshima (March 27, 2016)
- The 12th Asian Senior-level Talks on Non-Proliferation (ASTOP-XII) (January 20, 2016)
- Joint Statement on the Nuclear Test by North Korea by the Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative (NPDI) (Statement by Foreign Minister Kishida) (January 13, 2016)
- DPRK Nuclear Issue
- Click for the latest information on the DPRK nuclear issue and Japan's policy and actions in this area.
- Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative
- Click for the latest information on the Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative (NPDI) and Japan's policy and actions in this area.
- Testimony of Hibakusha
- Click to read, watch or listen to the stories of survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Youth Communicator for a World without Nuclear Weapons
- GLOBAL FORUM
- Click for the latest information on the Global Forum on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Education to be co-hosted by the Government of Japan and the United Nations University on August 10-11 in Nagasaki.