Visit to Japan by Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations
August 2, 2011
- Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations, will visit Japan from Sunday, August 7 to Tuesday, August 9 upon the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- During his stay in Japan, Mr. Ban Ki-moon is scheduled to pay a courtesy call to Mr. Naoto Kan, Prime Minister of Japan and to hold a meeting with Mr. Takeaki Matsumoto, Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Mr. Ban Ki-moon will also visit Fukushima during his stay. In Fukushima, Mr. Ban Ki-moon will exchange views on the situation of the affected areas and the efforts towards Rehabilitation and Restoration with relevant people including the Governor of Fukushima prefecture, as well as to interact with the victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake.
- It is hoped that this visit to Japan by Mr. Ban Ki-moon will further strengthen the cooperative relationship between Japan and the United Nations.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index