Acceptance of Turkey’s Aid/Rescue Team
March 18, 2011
- In response to the Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake, the Republic of Turkey will be sending aid/rescue team.
- The aid/rescue team consists of 33 personnel and will arrive at Narita Airport in the afternoon of Saturday, March 19 (on Flight No. TK50). (The team’s area of activity and the time to start operation are currently under discussion.)
- Letters of condolences and sympathy were sent on Saturday, March 12 from President Abdullah Gul, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, to His Majesty the Emperor of Japan, Prime Minister Naoto Kan, and Minister for Foreign Affairs Takeaki Matsumoto, respectively.
- The Government of Japan deeply appreciates the cooperation of the Government of Turkey.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index